Rainbow Pancakes + RebelWithoutASauce turned 1!
Nothing special really, they are just regular pancakes! Turns out food dye + any batter = fun. I wish I remember where I got this pancake recipe from, but I’ve been using it for years and years. In fact, this is my reference. A note on my fridge, cutting-edge stuff.
*makes 8 medium sized pancakes*
1½ cup flour
4 tbsp sugar
1¾ tbsp baking powder (basically 2 scant tbsp)
1 tsp salt
1½ cup milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
- whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
– in a measuring jug, whisk all the wet ingredients together
– slowly add the wet into the dry, folding in with a spatula until well mixed
– divide batter into 4 portions, add food colouring to each portion
– in a pan, melt some butter and with a ¼ cup, scoop the batter into the pan
– when bubbles start to appear around the top of the pancake (about 3 minutes), flip to the other side and cook for another 2 minutes
– serve with butter and syrup (candles not necessary, but always encouraged)
This colourful stack of pancakes is dedicated to you reading this! Thank you for coming back/dropping by/chancing upon this blog, I appreciate every one of you. Especially you mom!
Now let them eat (pan)cake!